Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Walking through the Valley

The events of the past two weeks have caused me to be grateful for the everyday blessings. All those little things and even the big ones that I so often take for granted. Even a normal routine of everyday life can be a huge blessing!

Two weeks ago, I lost both a great uncle and great aunt. I was closest to my uncle, but neither loss was particularly hard for me. I felt more sorrow for my maternal grandparents as they'd each just lost a sibling only days apart. Both had lived to see their children and grandchildren grow and both had died from different forms of cancer. The only plus was it brought my parents and youngest brother to our house once again. Making a new record of four times in less than a year! :D Sorry, can't help but be happy about that detail! It also gave me an opportunity to see one of my very dear friend's one week old baby about two hours away when I took my brother to catch his flight early Sunday morning.

That was a week ago this past Sunday. Yesterday we said our final goodbye to two week old Autumn Sage.

You see back in June or so they found out that their fourth little girl would be born with a severe case of Spina Bifida. Many, many, many people have been praying for healing for this precious unborn baby girl. But after a long difficult pregnancy on November 3 Autumn was delivered into the hands of a medical team that was ready to fight for her. Within a matter of hours she'd had surgery to repair her spine and close the hole in her back. She made it through four or so hours of surgery and was doing good. Not many days later she underwent surgery to have a shunt put in to drain the extra fluid around her brain. She became dependant on the ventilator and later suffered a few seizures. The reports that came back weren't good and the difficult decision was made to take her off life support. She passed away about 20 minutes later at only 2 weeks old.

Such a short life, but one that has touched so many! I know that I have truly touched an angel! She was beautiful in every way and now she is perfect and free of all pain and disabilities! I don't know that I have ever hurt more over a loss, not even my own miscarriage. Something about praying and praying over a child and hoping and dreaming and the answer still being "no". It's was a part of His perfect plan and we can share in that hope of what's to come! I can't imagine how people face a loss without a faith in the one true and living God!

Autumn has truly touched my life. I was asked to take pictures both the Sunday we went to visit and then again on the day that they took her off the ventilator. It was a privilege and an honor, but at the same time so heart wrenching. I'm glad I was able to preserve memories that will last a lifetime, but it still feels like so little.

So this is my little tribute to Autumn Sage born Nov. 3 and passed away Nov. 17. You were loved by so many and will be missed for years to come!




































If you'd like to read more about Autumn's story and give Kim, her mother, some love and words of comfort or encouragement, please stop by her blog at Journey.... blessings in disguise....





Autumn is gone from this earth, but she is more free now than she ever would've been here, just like the balloons released in her honor!
Let's all take time to enjoy the precious moments we have today, because life truly is a vapor!

10 comments:

Terry Metzger said...

This is so precious, thanks so much for sharing Tish.

Debra Heschl Photography said...

omgoodness...this brought me to tears! God bless the little angel & her family! You did beautifully capturing this little Angel!

My heart & prayers are with the family!

Karin said...

You did a wonderful job of capturing this sweet baby and her precious family. My heart goes out to them and I pray God will comfort them as only He can.

Anita Johnson said...

Such a heartbreak. Your photos will be cherished by that family. And though I don't understand it all, I know that now God has healed her. Not on earth as you prayed for, but for all eternity.

T&T Photography said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad you were able to give this family something they may have not have had otherwise. God bless this family ...

Shirley Vaughn Photography said...

So Sad! You're right...life is so fragile and precious. Prayers for this family for sure.

Kimberly said...

My dear sweet sister in Christ Thank you for this... As I was reading this I was crying Joyful tears to hear your story behind the pictures. I am so grateful to have had a friend like you to take pictures of a very important part of my life.
She truely was a blessing in disguise and I think she was an angel sent here for a little while to do an amazing work in Gods honor. I am so privilegde to have been her mother and I am so blessed by all the prayers Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow...speechless....just beautiful...you did wonderful job...prayers for all.

Laura Gattis said...

I am without words. You, your friend and her family are much stronger than I could ever imagine being through such a painful loss. Thank you for sharing this piece of your lives with us. What a needed reminder of how precious the moments we have are. My heart, love and prayers go out to all of you.

Elizabeth Crocker said...

I am a twice bereaved parent & a photographer. I have thought about offering my services for shoots like this but I don't know if I have the strength. I often write about in my blog about the loss of a child. The 2nd Sunday in December is the worldwide children's candle lighting. We light candles @ 7pm in each time zone, wrapping a wave of light around the world for 24 hours in memory of our children. The Compassionate Friends is a support group for bereaved parents. Feel free to share this info with your clients. Excellent work! Your shots are beautiful & show the joy of life. http://www.thewayiseeitthroughmylens.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to meeting my readers and blogging seems so much more worth while with new comments to read! :)