From the time I was a young girl, I imagined a daughter of my own someday. That dream has been denied five times over and for the most part I've come to terms with it. Only every once in a while do I feel that twinge of disappointment.
I love each of my boys and wouldn't trade a single one for a daughter!!! I am truly grateful I'm raising five sons and NOT five daughters! However a few days ago that all changed. After almost 12 years of marriage there is now another female in the family! (Oops! I take that back, I forgot we did have another girl for a short time about nine years ago.)
She will be three years old in October and has thick black hair and brown eyes. She loves, loves, loves attention...what girl doesn't?! Ha! She is so obedient and really has a great personality! We adopted her from a family that's moving to Florida and her name is Palin...meet our "big" baby....
Ok, it was fun to write all that, but honestly, I'm NOT the dog lover of the family. I will give her this though, I love her gentle personality compared to the three hyper overactive German Shorthaired Pointers we've previously owned!!! She's like an oversized cat that loves to rub up against you, hoping for some lovin. :) A real big baby! She's great with the boys and....we won't have to deal with raging hormones or pay for any weddings! ;) LOL!
The sky over our place lately has been absolutely beautiful! I stand in awe of the Creator of such masterpieces! Such splendor...even in the storms...
I'm pretty sure I photograph these every year. I'm not a lily lover, but these somehow catch my fancy.
The undersides of flowers can be just as beautiful!
That's it for now folks! Have a great Tuesday!
2 comments:
Love the dog! I grew up with Rottweilers... and would love to have one someday. She is so cute... and the sky pictures amazing what our Father does isn't it? Beth W.
That is one big baby! I think she is the type of dog from the book, "Good Dog, Carl". One of my favorites.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to meeting my readers and blogging seems so much more worth while with new comments to read! :)